Friday, October 16, 2009

The Best Day of the Week!

Well today is p-day one of the best days of the week...best day of the week mejor dicho....
It is Columbus Day and all of Chile celebrates it so there was only one internet place open. Chileans find all kinds of excuses to take a day off the whole country is shut down.
The most embarrassing thing happened yesterday....we forgot to change our clocks an hour ahead and so we were 45 minutes late to church. I was so embarrassed and one of our investigators wanted us to help with the baby blessing but we weren’t there. I am so messed up because it is spring here and fall at home, I think we are 5 hours apart now cause you guys fell back and we sprung forward an hour. I am writing this at about noon here so in CA it should be about 7am?
My new companion is Elder Palacio...I think I miss-spelled it last week this is correct though. He is from Argentinean. We have a hard time communicating because his English is bad and my understanding of Spanish is bad. He comes into my sector as senior companion and wants to start changing this whole place around. He hates walking and we do a lot of walking here, he always wants to take taxis and but they are expensive. In lessons he talks a lot and then will look at me at the end and expect me to know what is going on and say something. My teaching skills have gotten worst this week because I haven’t taught much. I will plan a lesson and we will go and then Elder Palacio will teach something different. The members say I don’t talk, I can talk well but when they talk to me I hear words but I have no idea what they are talking about. I don’t get many chances to talk because my companion talks a lot. I am just having a very hard time right now and feeling very alone. I am the only American in my sector. I am just really struggling and my District Leader loves Elder Palacio so it is hard to talk to him about it. I am hoping to get transferred at the end of this transfer. Sorry about complaining I just have been holding it in for this whole week. It is just going to be a tough transfer for me, very tough!
I have not gotten the second package but maybe this week because we have zone conference in Talca on Wednesday. Usually all the mail is there so I am hoping for it then. A bottle of contact solution lasts me I think a month or two . . . I will need more flea collars around Christmas but for now I am good.
Dad, about my apartment....there is a park out back with a basketball and soccer court (two in one) the park and apartment are on the same block. Our apartment is on the corner of Victoria and Arturo Prat. We are on the third floor.
We aren’t teaching very much, we have Kory and Edgar they live in the campo near Porongo. We are teaching a guy, Jorge Vega and a 9 yr old girl who is the daughter of a less active. We have other investigators are not progressing as much as we would like.
About the music...just an inexpensive CD player, some small speakers, and CDs of church music (MoTab, Eclipse, I have two of their CD’s) and some other. Send burnt CDs it would suck if the originals got lost or stolen. With the CD player I need rechargeable batteries and or the adapter power cord, batteries run out quick and are expensive here, It would be so much easier to do this on the phone, other churchy music, Eña, however it is spelled, EFY music. Just good uplifting appropriate music, I don’t need much I just miss music a lot!
I know this is long with my complaining but, really it is super hard and hard to deal with, I feel so alone at times. I love you all so much and hope all is well with you all. I know the Church is true. This work is hard and really frustrating but I am helping people. I love you all hope I answered your questions for this week.
It rained a bunch this weekend again but, I had my rain coat so it wasn’t too wet just my pants. I have lost about 15 KG, I barely recognize myself sometimes, I don’t know how much that is in lbs, had to put 2 notches in my belts. I love you all so much and can t wait to here from you all. Put some more pictures up on my photo bucket too. Talk to you next week, Love you all,
Love, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment