Monday, October 5, 2009

A Temple in Concepcion, Chile!

Hola Familia,
Well first off if you were here outside the room we were watching conference in you would have thought we were watching a football game because when President Monson announced the temple in Concepcion we all flew out of our seats and were cheering so loud we missed the one that was announced after. There was high fiving and everything. The sad thing is we were more excited and happy than most members. There were only about 10 at the session that heard it. Conference here means nothing to most of the members. They missed out. But, some of the members we told about had heart attacks they were so happy. It was a good sight to see. Some people just don´t realized how much of a blessing the temple really is....but they will learn, and hopefully not miss out on the blessings there. I think it is awesome! Too bad it won´t be built till after I am gone. But its all good my mission is getting a temple!!!!!! That is pretty much the biggest news of the week for me.
Conference was great wasn´t it. It is sad to say this so late in my life, when you really listen with your heart to the words that are spoken it really hits you. You can receive revelation and answers. I enjoyed every session, they were all amazing. I really liked the priesthood session...they hit the nail on the head for what men need to hear. As I was sitting there I was thinking about the few investigators we have and how the talks we heard could help them and build their faith. We only had 2 attend at least 1 session but they really enjoyed it. I know they spirit bore witness to them, as it did me.I really liked President Eyring’s talk in the Saturday am session where he talked about families and how the choices of every member of the family helps determine the future. I couldn´t help but think about family members who have fallen away, and how possibly we will not be able to live with them for eternity. That is why it is so important that we do not give up on any of our loved ones because we want to see them and live with them in happiness for eternity. We just can´t lose hope that those we love that are lost, will find there way back. We just need to bear testimony of the truthfulness of these things and tell them we love them.
Love seemed to be a big topic along with service. I really enjoyed President Monson’s talk about service. It was just a great conference, it flew by though. Seems like just 10 min ago I was sitting in the chapelo watching the first session. I hope you all enjoyed it to.
Well this week was good...slow but good. I worked a lot this week getting appointments for next we so my new companion and I wouldn´t just be contacting as usual.
The weather was good this week until yesterday. All the sudden the heavens opened and it rained like no mañana.....yeah we both got soaked to the bone within the first 5 min. I had to use my jacket from Mr Mac and well it doesn´t work that well so I got pretty wet and quick. But all is well. I went first thing this morning and bought a rain jacket that is impermeable, so i am good now. My shoes got wet but they dried out pretty good last night. We went to pick up our laundry last night and it was raining even harder so we ran home, good thing it was only about a four block run.
Picture This. . . ."Imagine 2 Mormon Missionaries Greengos, with 2 very large laundry bags and scripture bags....now add lots of rain wind a steep hill, a road that is now the Rio Grande....ready...have that picture in your minds. Imagine one of the missionaries with suit pants big enough that the don´t stay up and had to put 2 notches in his belt and one very seasoned missionary who leaves in 2 days …got it...okay now imagine these 2 running though the rain down a very steep hill with their clean laundry, crossing the Rio Grande....whoooo! but alas they made it home safe and sound,wet but that is okay. The scriptures cameras and clean clothes were dry."It was fun, not!
I love you all and hope all is well. I want to hear what is up with you all. Thanks Em for setting the photo bucket up I hope to upload some pics today but we will see if I have time and if my memory card works. I and going to buy a pen drive to try and speed it up hopefully. We will see I hope I can get some up for you all. My new comp is a ARGENTINAN !!!!!!!!!! his name is Elder Palación, It means palace. I will meet him tomorrow and get to work. This mean English is pretty much out the window. He will probably understand a little bit but not much. Hopefully this will help my Spanish and even more my understanding. I love you all and I know that this is the Lords work. Its not the easiest work I will tell you that but it is the best. At times I get very discouraged, but that is just the lack of my faith...its something I am working on. We must have faith without it even God can´t help us. I love you all so much. Tell everyone hi for me and that I say hola. Love you all so much......you are in my prayers and thoughts, till next week
choa, les vayan bien!!!!!!!
Love Eric
P.S. Congrats Tyler your city is getting a temple exciting no? I am waiting for the announcement of San Jose, California

























No comments:

Post a Comment