Monday, September 20, 2010

Chilean Indpendence Day Celebration, fun, food, food and more food

Hello gringos what cha name?

How is everyone doing? What is new? What is old? What is something that is old that I don’t know? I hope you all had a good week and that are all happy to be back to work and all that good stuff. Good news I got the package this week and was so happy to see goodies and treats and new stuff, thank you. Bad news well I wanted to see how much I weigh last Monday before the fiestas this weekend and well to my surprise I have gained 10 kg here in Talca......I was so sad going into the fiestas but I ate a bunch. It just means now I got to tighten the old belt down and put the nose to the grinding stone to get myself back to my fit self. I don’t look bigger and it might be muscle but oh well too many Family Night goodies I think haha. Oh man have I gotten lazy to write in my journal I am 10 days behind because at night I just want to sleep....but need to get caught up it is my life story. The water heater thing broke in the house and had 4 days of freezing cold showers. They were short and with ice for awhile there I thought I was in Alaska. The guy came to fix it and works a little better but not that great, oh well.

We had a great start to the week up to Thursday night we had found 7 new investigators but after that point the 4 day holiday began and the work just went to level 2. Thursday night we had to go help set up for the activity and then all day Friday we were at the activity with the members. During the week we learned the nation dance “La Cueca” and we were ready to dance it to get a laugh out of the members and have some fun, but some lame members threatened to call Pres on us if we did, so that was enough to pull the fun out of it all oh well but all in all we had a great time and had a lot of fun. All 4 of us got fried, the curse of white skin. We got a lot of pictures and videos that I will send next week because this computer is junk because it is the only place open today. We tried to go do visit at night Friday but nobody was home. A family in our ward asked if we could feed their dog this weekend because they were going to Chillan so we had to got feed their puppy for three days. She is a 1 yr old German shepherd named Tiara, she is cute and nice but is scared of us oh well. The only hard thing was there house is on the other south side of our sector about a 45 min walk and there are no collectivos or micros oh well but it was fun. Saturday was the big celebrations of 18 de Septiembre and we had a good day. We ate constantly all day. We had a late breakfast at 11 of longaniza and eggs then we munched and played UNO and foosball then had a huge barbeque for lunch late lunch at like 5 and then we watched “Mountain of the Lord” and chilled. We were with the familia Cristy who live across the street from us such an awesome family and are getting ready to go to the temple in November to be sealed

After all that we had a late night snack at 9 of more meat and food and played more cards It was a day of eating and I feel so fat. We had few members in church on Sunday but oh well. last night was a hard night to work too because people were out of town and won’t come back untill tomorrow I think. We got up and played futbol this morning and it was fun but I am dead I just want to rest. We had to look for about 5 hrs to find a cyber open because today is a holiday too and nothing I mean nothing is open the whole country of Chile shuts down for 4 days.....so weird. It would never happen in the states....people would die if stores weren’t open on holidays....what are you going to do if you forget something haha.....oh well. cannot wait to show you all the pictures but like I said this computer sucks. I hope you are all good and hope you can get better and stay better. I love you all so much and you are always in my prayers. Have a great week and I cannot wait to here from you all next week take care love you.
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment