Monday, September 27, 2010

The Saga of Renewing a Visa!

Dearest Family,
Whats up? Whats down? How yal doing today? How did the week go? I hope you are all doing good and are working hard too. Well, to tell you the truth I am dead tired and I think it is due to my adventures this morning. I had to go to start my second visa today because mine is up in a month and I don’t want to get kicked out of Chile, or worse put in jail here so I find it easier to live according to the laws haha. I went to one place and it wasn’t it then I went to the Registro Civil, and well the people there didn’t know anything either so they told me to go to the Policia de Investigacion and so we walked 6 blocks to get there and finally talked to somebody who knew whatt was going on and sent me to the government building 4 bocks away. Well I get there and she starts the paperwork and I find out I am missing a paper so I had to go back to the Policia and get the paper and then return and give the paper to the government well all in all what i am trying to say is people don’t know where anything is here. One of the ladies I asked at the mail office said that a government building didn’t exist in Talca and I had to go to Santiago......ya right. I tell you it was like “milking a snake” if you know what I mean. But whatever it is all good I would just have loved to have known where to go and had all the stuff it would have taken like 5 min but nooooo things have to be so complicated here, oh well over and done case closed.

This week went good but not as good as others. We had conference this week and the conference was really good and the food, it was the best food I have had at a conference in the mission, so good. We talked a lot bout loving the people and doing the work out of love so that the people understand why it is so important and can see us working hard to help them. I got to talk to Elder Thomas and he is doing good in Chillan and I am sure he has one more cambio down there. We are hoping we get put in the same zone together it would be cool. I got to here about some of my converts and sounds like they are doing okay 3 are going strong in the church still and others have fallen and started smoking again and others are just lazy. I sent letters to say hi and hopefully get them to church. I was so happy to get a letter from Nick Gall, it has been a long time since I heard from him. I just want to hear from Donny, I have some pics and a letter to send to him because his b-day was this week I am late but I think he might understand.
We had a mini cambio this week too and it went super good. I went to Panamericana with Elder Dowse and we had a super good day and some great lessons and stuff. We got to go to a huge mansion in the campo to teach a guy and I tell you this house was four times our house this guy is loaded but he is really interested in the church but it will be a huge shock to him all the stuff he will have to give up....he lives a very rich and different life.
This past Friday we went to go visit Margarita and her mom, Jacqueline , with the YW Presidency to get here started on Personal Progress and she was super excited for it and we got to talk and share. I have seen a difference in her mom and her other sister, Leslie. We went back over Saturday to invite them to church and Leslie said she would go and we also gave a blessing to Jacqueline because she is sick. Well I called yesterday morning and Tita and Leslie were getting ready to go to church, I was jazzed about that. Also Daniela quit smoking and so she is moving a lot and getting ready for her baptism on the Oct 17 the problem now is her boyfriend who lives with her. We need to find him a place so he can move and she can get baptized. That is the hard part now but, I know the Lord will provide if we all do our part and do what he wants us to do. Daniela brought her daughter to church with her and so that meant I was on keep Samantha quiet and occupied duty so Daniela could pay attention... well you know 2 yr olds and she is a talker! man I tell you.. She is so cute she kept taking off and putting on my plaque and hiding it in my pocket and climbing on me and man was I tired and then in the class she climbed up on my lap and was playing with my face she is so cute she cracks me up.
We have been trying to share with our neighbors and had 2 appointments this but they had conflicts but the familia Cristi said they have had a lot of questions this week and gave them Books of Mormon too. So, I think the door is beginning to open and now it is a matter of time and patience with the Lord. Well I hope you enjoy the photos I sent to yal from the 18 parties and stuff. I love you all so much and send my love too all. I know the Lord lives and loves us. He is aware of our needs and He is willing to bless us as we do his will. I love you all so much, take care.
Love, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment