Monday, October 25, 2010

Putting Lesson Learned at Home to Good Use!



Hey what is up with you all?
Well for starters it is so hot and I am dying here, I guess it doesn’t help that I am a little sunburned too! We went over to our new building and hooked up with the zone and played vollyball and futbol for 3 hours. It was a lot of fun, and with the new cancha with new nets and balls and stuff we can play every week.
Well to start my son’s name is Elder Tyler Teske, he is from Ashton, Idaho....he is a cool kid and we get along great, reminds me of myself about 16 months back. It is crazy to have seen another month go and cannot believe how fast time flies. Elder Teske is so cool he struggles talking and doesn’t understand much but I am doing my best to help him and to help him be outgoing. I was really nervous to be training but I know the Lord called me to do it and do it I will. He is a cool guy. His parents are divorced and both remarried so he has 3 immediate siblings and a bunch of step siblings too. He used to work for his dad’s cement business so he is a big strong guy. As you can tell from the photo I am shorter....and am the shortest in the house E Cockrell{s new comp is Elder Page from UT. I am the only one under 6 feet, oh well. We have had a good week and I tell you I feel blessed to have a new comp and that he is strong with spanish because it makes others pay more attention, I have used it to our advantage and I try to let him talk more and it works when he testifies. It is not 100% clear his words but I feel the spirit so strong and I know others do to. He has given me a boost and helps me be a little bit happier and joyful. He is a great guy and am blessed to be with him.
This week we had a missionary work activity and we planned it so Friday afternoon was taken up by that but it turned out well. We had about 34 people there and had a lot of participation. It was a night of desserts and so people brought desserts we ate and voted. We would have won with the brownie we made but we took out our votes and put them with other people, our investigator, Daniela won first prize without our help. Her dessert was so good. She told us she studied cooking I didn’t even know...haha. It was fun and all enjoyed it. I love the mission. I feel so blessed to be here.
Sunday we got to church and nobody was there 20 min before the meetings and so we had to open up the building and do it all. Then at about 5 till the Bishop showed up...I was worried I would have to conduct......I am pretty sure I can do it but we had an investigator with us so.....idk . It has been very hot here and I am dying, hope the summer helps me drop a little weight. I didn’t get my package in Concepcion because didn’t have time but this Friday I should maybe get it. I have thoughts for Christmas but the list is in the house so next week.
Oh, Pops, the shower; 1 wall is cement and the other 2 are like a type of sheetrock material. idk weird right?, oh this week Elder Page plugged the toilet so had to borrow a snake from so missionaries and it took us an hour and a half to snake it....we got videos of it.....I was covered in nasty stuff....and yes mom I have no gag reflex now, Chile has blessed me...but the toilet works now thanks for teaching me Pops.
Yesterday I got a little sad to see another month is my mission has gone by....I love being here and I wish it would never end. My last 8 months will be great and I will enjoy every minute of them....crazy as time goes by the work of the Lord is the best and I love it. I love you all so much and wish the best for you. Take care and enjoy the pictures.
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment