Monday, November 1, 2010

Hectic Monday


Hey everyone how is it going? Well this day has been a little hectic and shouldn’t have been, had troubles getting into myldsmail.net so now finally got in and so this will be a quick email of my week.

We had a great opportunity to have a conference with Pres Humphrey and with Elder Zeballos of the Seventy, and their wives. Eder Zeballos wanted to come and do conferences to excite us and give us a boost. It was an awesome conference and I learned a lot. He talked about how all the gringos need to keep up and not lose their Spanish and how the Latins need to take advantage and learn English, because English is the language of the Restoration he said.
It was such a great day and well the conference was great but the weather wasn’t, during the conference the skies opened and poured so hard and we were caught without rain stuff. We have gone from hot to cold to rain and today is hot again....what is going on here?
So that was Friday and well the week was tough but Elder Teske and I worked really hard and I know the blessings will come... Yesterday we were going to present our mission ward plan with the Bishop and ward mission leader but both got called into work and look who had to do it all the missionaries......it went good and the members enjoyed. A lot of the members complimented me on the way I handled it and I told them I don’tt have many talents but I can speak in public and I think I do well at it....haha.

Then we went to go play ball this morning and found all the new balls at the church to be broken so now we have to tell the Bishop before he finds out and blames it on us...the youth did it on Friday and told nobody....drama. Well, Halloween was dead and today is another holiday here so not much to do and well that is it....yesterday day was dead but had a noche de hogar and cooked the Halloween cake which was so good. I hope this week can be a good week because I feel bad for my kid because he was born into a struggling sector and I don’t think it is the sectors fault. I think I just carry bad luck with me or something idk. Oh well but my chin is up and I still love the work and I am happy to be here and that is the important thing.
I am happy but the heat is killing me. Today is the first day in the mission to start reading the Book of Mormon and we are going to read it in 60 days. All the mission is doing it and have a schedule to read everyday and I cannot wait. We have to mark every time it mentions Jesus Christ. It will be a great experience we have to read 4 chapters today and tomorrow too and just about 4 everyday.

I have got to go but I love you all so much and hope you enjoy the pictures of me and the puppies, a members dog had puppies and they are so cute...haha but I miss my puppy more...I love you all so much and hope you have great week, take care and read the Book of Mormon! Love you all so much and the gospel too, talk to you later, Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment