Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shower Repair, missionary style!

hola familia,
¿Cómo están mis queridos padres y hnas y cuñado y todas otras? ¿Cómo le fue esta semana? yo espero que todo esté bien en los estados, la tierra de mi juventud. jaja.
How is everyone doing just thought I would give you a lttle taste of my bad Spanish and even horrible typing in Spanish. Well where to start where to start, I had a confirmation yesterday so the branch is one member more. The branch needs a lot of help...sometimes they are on the edge. . .
Today is cambios and well the big huge news is.......I get to spend Christmas here in Cacquenes with an Argentinian....oh well so much for my dream of an all gringo Christmas...no it will be a gringo with an Argentinian and a bunch of Chileans. Oh well just got to make the best of it.
I am officially junior comp now. I finished my two cambio training period. I may be junior comp but I feel like senior comp. I am the responsible on in the companionship. Things are better between us....I am being more patient. but there are bad habits I have let slip into because I was tired of correcting them but now I have to fix them cause they have gotten out of hand. Such as we are only to spend a 30 min max in a member’s home. Our lunch for yesterday fell through so we had to cook at home and we were both out of food. All I had was some pasta and two hamburger patties so I ate that...I was so hungry, but I gave him a candy bar for dessert. I figure I would share one with him first because if I eat them all I will get fat again and second if I am suppose to be helping people be more Christ like I should be Christ like too....if there is one thing I don’t want to be is a hypocrite.
It is amazing to look back four months and to see how much I have grown already. I still have a long way to go especially with my Spanish but it is all for the better.
Football was a test of strength and physical stuff like mind over matter and keeping your legs moving and all of that but, a mission just as with sports tears you down so you can build up stronger and better. In these past four months I have been more tired and sore, and my mind at times has wanted to explode because of trying to understand Spanish and speak it, then I ever was playing football. A mission tests every aspect of a person but it is all for the better. I have learned so much and still have tons more to learn but I am loving it. Everyday is a struggle and an adventure... I never know when I wake up what will be the pain in the neck today whether it be appointments falling or lessons going horrible or a straight up rejection or the never failing pick on the bad Spanish of the gringo, but I know with the Lord on my side I can make it through it and can once again rest at night for the next day. I live one day at a time....when you have your head in the future you miss the present. I have just been working on staying in the moment. Sometimes when I get frustrated or tired because I can understand I let my mind wander but if I do that I miss the promptings of the spirit. It is super hard but, if it wasn’t hard to do there wouldn’t be a blessing for doing it.
Well this morning the faucet on the shower broke so again with the only thing I could find I fixed it with rubber bands...haha I cant wait to send the pictures they are hilarious. It is getting super hot here and I am starting to die. It is freezing when I get up in the morning and then it is super hot from about 11am on through the day. Since we are on the third floor it is so hot when we get home at night and with the heat and my comps snoring I barely sleep at night, and then in the morning I am super tired...oh well I need to buy ear plugs this week. I don’t have much ,more exciting stuff to talk about really just same old stuff with me, a new cambio new planner nothing else really!
I hope you all are doing great. I hope you girls and Tyler are doing well...hope work and school isn’t killing yal.....it came to pass not to stay...just keep that in mind. haha I love you all so much and thanks for all the emails and letters and everything. I am so excited to read your letters and write back sometimes I wish they were longer, I just want to have the whole play by play haha. I hope you all have a great week, work hard read the scriptures and pray, the little things are the things that can help us the most. It is something Pres Chavez is working on in the mission. He calls them the small and simple thing like reading praying and going to church and if we lack one of those it is so much easier to fall because we lose the spirit and the temptations of the world weigh heavier on us. I have seen since I have been in this branch, members who aren’t doing these simple things and have gone inactive. My testimony about prayer and reading the scriptures has grown so much because I can see the difference in the lives of people who do it and those that don’t. We challenge people to read the minimum of a verse a day and they cannot even manage that. There is only one place we can find an answer to any problem and it is the scriptures. Prophets and apostles didn’t devote their lives to God and write the teachings of Christ so the books could sit on a shelves and collect dust....the scriptures are help in every aspect of our lives. There is not one problem or hardship that we cant find help or an answer for in the scriptures and when we cannot find the exact thing we ask God....we get on our knees and plead for help. There are two people who are always there to lift us up in times of darkness, God and Jesus Christ, and if we never ask for the help and never search the scriptures we won’t find it. I know God loves each and every one of us, I know that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and suffered and died for each of us so we could have he opportunity to become like Him and receive the blessings of eternal life. The Book of Mormon is the word of God written by his profetas who had the authority and power to act in His name to save His children. I know if we have faith in the Lord and search the scriptures we will find the answer to all problems we face in life. And if we pray and ask God with real intent to know or to have help He will bless us with it. I know we have a profeta today who has the power to receive revelation for everyone in the world, Thomas S. Monson is called of God to lead us and guide us in this confusion filled world. I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ, the same that he organized during His life. I know that only through the sacred covenants of the temple families can be eternal. I love you all so much and thank you so much for your prayers and letters and everything. I hope you all have a great week. Love you Love, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment