Monday, December 7, 2009

Eric's Challenge. . . What will be your gift to Jesus Christ this Christmas season?

hola ¿cómo estamos todos? ¿cómo les fueron en la semana? haha my horrible spanish haha
Warning this letter is all over the place because I have lots to do today and stuff so I am sorry if you have questions about stuff put it in an email and I will clarify next week
Anyway, how is everyone doing this fine Monday when the sun is out and it is hot, the birds are out singing horribly and as usual the streets are filled of dogs with every type of disease and bug and there are signs for elections all around? Well just thought I would describe how Cauquenes looks today. Summer is coming the heat is off and on but of course when it is work time it is on. I am doing well and everyday just plugging along trying to love my companion.
Christmas here is coming slow but that is missionary work. Chileans don’t like to decorate much. I enjoy my Christmas music and stocking, just looking at it, brings back the good memories of fires and the house with the smell of sweets and cookies, the dog eating the Christmas tree and ornaments, and of course the street lit up from end to end with lights and holiday cheer.
I got the package and card from the Spencers. I had thought it was from them. I uploaded a lot of photos today just random stuff from the past little bit of time. I have lots to send still but this will get it started. It is in the folder "7 Dec upload" enjoy.
Well about the music I have I have been having problems with some of the cds, It looks to me either it burned bad or the cds have scratches. Because when I play some of them it works good till the last 5 tracks or so and them it is all jacked up. I will check it out and figure out the problem and them tell you next week but the Christmas music is fine.
Don’t send anything I can wait if they need to be replaced till my birthday and next package no big deal. I am loving the food and I am making sure I do my exercise in the morning so I don’t get fat.
My suit is really big on me I might take the pants to a member and get them taken in a little bit I also need to find a places to get it cleaned.
Sorry I am all over the place I just have a lot to do this week and not a lot of time today. This week was a busy one. I had interviews with President Chavez, district meeting and a zone activity, last monday. Lots of work and bad numbers this week but I can only point at myself. Interviews were great.
Hermana Chavez did a class and she loves to talk. She is a PE teacher for elementary children so she sometimes treats us like we are between the ages 4-10. My interviews with President Chavez are always short this time my prayer was longer than the interview. I knew that is good but it is nice to just get to talk to him. He just has such an awesome spirit about him. He is a great man. Hermana Chavez´s class ended with treats and goodies, but not as good as mom’s. She had us take a piece of paper, on one side we wrote what we wanted to give to others this holiday, on the other side we wrote what we were going to give Jesus Christ for Christmas.
It got me thinking, we get so caught up at this time of year with gifts and goodies and tangible things for people, but when have we stop and think about what we were going to give our Lord and Savior for Christmas......I thought back my 19 yrs and not once did I ever do that. On that piece of paper I wrote "Traeré 4 almas perdidas a Cristo" I will bring 4 lost souls to Christ. Right now I have 2 baptism set for this month.....I am missing 2.....I have to work as hard as I can this week and the rest of the month to complete what I promised. Because if people miss church this Sunday I have failed, I cannot complete my gift for JesuCristo.
I want to invite you all to do the same this Christmas, on a note card write what you will give JesuCristo for Christmas, put it somewhere where everyday you can see it. it doesn’t have to be a baptism or save some ones life but maybe following a commandment better or being more charitable, looking for a certain number of service activities, something that on Christmas day in you personal pray in the morning you can give to our Lord and Savior. I just wanted to invite you all to join my in giving a gift to Jesus. This is the best time of year to give and not expect anything. I know when we serve others we serve God and Jesus. I guess this is my invitation this week seems like every week I ask something new, but this week this something isn’t for me it is for the person who gave his life for us all.I love you all so much.
This week was up and down with my companion and some of the new converts in my branch. I can see Satan working on them. It is hard to see strong members starting to fall because of worldly things and to see the effect on their families.
This fast Sunday the whole mission was fasting for the work in the mission to grow. I thought all week of how I can better myself to help people and help the work. I am trying to be as obedient as possible to every rule and try to work as hard as possible. I can up with a long list anyway. It just opened my eyes to everything that makes a good missionary a great one. I am not perfect and never will be but I can sure have that goal and work towards it.
President Chavez has been teaching us that when we teach people we should not focus on the baptism, we need to focus on THREE TIMES IN WHITE..... now what does that mean? It means this, 1st baptism in white, 2nd Temple in white, 3rd the celestial kingdom. That is my goal for all those who I help to accept the gospel. 3 times in white, and how do I do that by having the same goal for myself.
I want you to know I know this is the Lords work, this is his glory. I know JesuCristo is our Savior, He died for us. I know the church was restored through Joseph Smith. I know with all my heart that when we follow the commandments God will bless us, we still have trials when we are obedient, yes, but it is a test of faith, as it says in Ether 12 we gain a testimony after a test of our faith. Be obedient, be bold, be witnesses of Christ at all times. I know this is His church and we can live with Him again and wrap our arms around Him one day and say thank you. But until that day we can say thanks through our actions, don’t just believe, live the gospel, try to be like Christ. We will all fall, we do everyday. Pick your self up repent and start walking again. I love you all so much. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Read the scriptures, pray, and serve others. It is the little things that make the difference.
I love you all. One last reminder, What will you give Christ our Savior this Christmas?
I love you, cuidense
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment