Monday, January 4, 2010

Back in the Big City

hola familia ,Cómo estamos?
I am doing well this week started off good with the news that I was getting moved and it also started off a little bad with some sickness and problems but I will get into that later. I guess for starters I will give you the new info on my new area.
I am in Chillan in the Chillan Ñuble Zone in the mission. My sector is called Cordillera, it means mountain range I think. Chillan is a big city and it makes me feel a little more at home. I am away from the campo of Cauquenes and have made the big adventure into the big city. I love big cities it is so nice and refreshing. It is nice to visit campo but I am a city boy. I serve here in a ward but the asistencia is less then the branch I was in but they are a ward at least. There are two stakes here in Chillan pretty cool. The bishop of the ward has a son who is serving his mission in California, I think he said Santa Clara mission but I wasn’t sure if there was one. He said he is in San Fernando right now I couldn’t remember where it was in the state. I have lost all my knowledge of my home state it is sad, but anyway he is super cool and helps us out a bunch in our work.
The members are super nice and lunches are great. My sector is like residential kind of area. We are about a 10 min walk for centro, so on p-day we have to come to centro to do internet and all that stuff but I like it.
My new companion is Elder Gallo, here is from Columbia, cannot remember what part though......anyway I knew him form my last zone he is a great guy. He has 6 months in the mission same as me, but since he speaks and understands Spanish he is senior companion, and that is cool with me. I thought I was obedient but he makes me look like a horrible missionary. I think he and I were the only two missionaries in the whole world that studied this morning while the others were sleeping in....oh well, anyway he is a great guy. Columbians speak very slow and clear so it is really easy to understand him but it gets to me how slow he talks sometimes. I speak faster Spanish than he does kind of funny huh. He is super cool and I am happy to be here with him. He used to be in the Columbian army so he is one who is straight as a arrow when it comes to rules. He is about 5´3" so I tower over him but he could kill me if he really wanted. I know my Spanish will get better with him because I have to speak 100% in Spanish because he doesn’t understand alot of English.
The other two elders we live with are Elder Bastow, he came to Chile with me, and Elder Arellano, from Ecuador. It is a funny house and we all get along good. I was jealous when they slept in and I had to get up with my companion.....oh well.
All the members are surprised how good my Spanish is but I know it sucks I have a lot to work on. My majn problem is that is so hard for me to memorize new words and what new words to learn. I basically have to learn all my vocabulary from 19 yrs all over again. But anyway everyone says I speak super good and that I have a great accent, not gringo haha.
This week I had some scary stuff happen to my health wise. Monday night I woke up with pain in my chest and all the muscles in my body were tense. I couldn’t breathe and man did it hurt. After about 20 min of horrible pain it relaxed and I was able to sleep. It happened again about an hour later and was even worst. I thought I was having a heart attack or something but I was so pre-occupied with trying to breath that nothing else mattered to me. I took a hot shower to relax the muscles and it helped a bit enough to help me sleep. If it happens again I will go to the hospital but so far I have been okay it was so weird and scary. But I am okay. Our huçosue is down the street from a hospital so I am in good hands. I don’t know what caused it but I don’t want it again. I also had a bit of stomach flu.
It is supper hot here and I can see snow and it makes me think of home a lot but oh well. I have got to wrap this up but I love you all so much. My clothes are huge!
I know the church is true and Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love you all so much sorry this is short but my companion is done and wants to go so I got to go too. I love you all. I know you all have a bunch of questions so just write me next week with them and I will answer them, love you all so much.
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment