Monday, January 25, 2010

Hot Days and Grape Fanta

heeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllooooooo family,How is everyone doing? How was the week? How is my clean cute puppy, who doesn’t have fleas or huge nasty ticks? What is new that I would like to hear? I know lots of questions, but I have got lots to find out.
Today, we had a zone activity which consisted of all the gringos speaking English and the Latinos well I don’t know what they were doing but we were having fun.... We had burritos and just basically chilled. The zone leaders didn’t feel like planning something so this was like the easy way to say we had an activity without having to do anything. It was chill. I was trying to take a nap but I am just so popular, not. But I am happy some Elders went to Jumbo and I gave them money to get me grape Fanta because it is the only place they sell it because the Chileans hate it....I love it and now I have 3 liters to enjoy, It will last me like 2 weeks though.I
t has been super hot here these past couple weeks and well you all know how much I love heat about as much as I love to go to San Francisco. I am dying. I use sunscreen but the sun is so strong. It is crazy and the worst part of the day is between 2-6 pm in the afternoon. Killer! I think my right eye is having problems with the strength of the sun. This week it has been super red so I have been using my glasses but then it got worst and when I got home yesterday it had like a little blister on it. It is a little better today. We were inside I am pretty sure that is it I don’t think it is an infection because I asked a different elder and he said he had an eye infection once and it doesn’t look like one. I am keeping an eye on it I will try and buy medicated eye drops or something.
It is hard to sleep at night with the heat and my companion talking. He talked for almost an hour in his sleep last night and wouldn’t shut-up. He kept us all up so we are all dead tired so much for resting...oh well. I told him last night that I needed to sleep in today. I told my comp that him waking me up in the morning is taking away my agency.
My goal this week was to work my hardest and do the best that Elder Kuykendall can do. and That is what the Lord wants me to do. This cambio has been a challenge and but I am just focusing on the work and not going to let my pride get in the way of the work.
I wish I could trade you weather because I am drying right now writing y’all it is like 90 degrees in this cyber.
Well our goal for baptisms this week is fading fast. Our investigators either didn’t come to church and others don’t have permission form their parents so we are starting to work for Feb now. It is disappointing, we will just have to work harder.I hope you all are doing well and school and work and the weather isn´t killing you. I love you all so much and hope you have a good week. I think about you all the time but time flies right....and I cannot leave until I speak Spanish.
Some members were talking about places to go on vacation to this week and it got me thinking about snow, so naturally I have snowboarding dreams now Love you all so much, take care. Love, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment