Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Summer in Chile!

Hey everyone,How is the klan doing hahaha.....breathing sleeping living haha. Well I hope you are all good and that all your attention is on Phyl and her wedding.....love ya Phyllis. Hope you all had good weeks and all is good with you. I am doing well up and down and tired but I can sleep after my mission.
This week went well. We found about 8 new inactive members this week while doing contacts and we are going to pass all the info to the Obispo so he can get the records into our ward and get these people to church. Summer here in Chillan is so hard with attendance because everyone leaves on vacation to the beach to get away from the heat here. I am thinking of doing the same thing (Just kidding) We had 43 asistencia but it was a lot of visiting families...They say it will be back to normal in March. It is hard to help our investigators get to church and kind of depressing because we had 8 fechas fall yesterday because they didn’t attend church. Struggles as usual but plugging along. I feel like I am a walking sector killer, in Cauquenes the sector got worse when I was there and now her in Cordillera it is on a downhill slide. We had no baptisms in January....got to work 100 times harder this month.
I feel bad for the bishop right now because he had like 6 people come to him yesterday and say they needed help with money, and you know the church just doesn’t have millions to give out. One of the people is a menos activo mom of one of our investigators....my companion told her that all she needed to do was talk to the Bishop and he would fix it all...so he is kind of ticked with us but it wasn’t my fault. I still am having problems understanding once and a while with complicated stuff like money talk.
We had to leave church yesterday after Sacrament Meeting to give a blessing to a baby of a member that is in the hospital with some health problem bad ones. The hospital is down the block from the church building and it is a Catholic one so we got all smiles....not. It is sad to see all the sick babies and kids here.
I think I might buy a suit here. All the members keep telling me I need to because it looks like my suit is from a giant. I am going to look today and see how much it will cost. A member said I could try and sell my suits and could probably get like btw 60-80 mil for one if I really pushed it idk. I think I might buy one and keep these just in case and them maybe later I can do that. I do need to buy jeans today though because we have to do service this week and my jeans are huge on me. I was thinking about maybe I might get my beach body I have always wanted but it could happen, I can still dream, right?
I wish I had some good stories to tell you but they have all left my mind. Well here is something funny, I made a sign and put it over my bed this morning it said “POR FAVOR- NO ME DESPIERTE, DÉJEME, ESTOY DURMIENDO” When my companion came to wake me up I felt him pick it up and throw it back on me and walk away.....I thought it was clever...What I have decided is the best I can do is be me....Elder Kuykendall....I can’t be him, and he cannot change me. This is the best I can be. Things are better between us I put myself aside and I am just focusing on the work and the people. The work is of the Lord not me and not my companion plain and simple.
I know God loves us and knows us. He knows our needs and wants He wants us to be happy,. We need to stay strong and push forward. I love you all so much and hope all is good with you all. I send my love, hugs and kisses to all. manda saludos a todos. Love you all
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment