Monday, February 22, 2010

Zone Conference and Lunch at McDonalds!

Hey everyone,
Well how is everyone doing? I hope good and alive and well. I am living and good. I had a good week and some weird weather. I loved reading all your emails and hearing about what is going on up there with all my people.
This week we had conferencia de zona en talca on Wednesday, it went really well....so hot though and sitting for 7 hour in a chapel with suit on was killer. I was dying When went up there on a train and it was an hour and a half ride compared to 2 1/2 hours in bus. I was just happy to be with all the other elders. We met the new couple who are working in the office and Hermana Fishbeck was struggling so hard to share her testimony but she will get it. Elder Fishbeck served in Chile in the north and actually baptised some really good friends of President Chavez. Cool stories. They are from Mesa AZ. it was a good conference. Also had a mini cambio with the zone leaders on Friday and I was in my sector with Elder Matherly. He is from LA and was my lider de distrito en parral when I was in Cauquenes. He is super cool we will definitely chill after the missions. We had a good time and good work together. To end the mini cambio Elder Matherly and I went to Mcdonald’s for lunch shhhhhh it is our little secret haha, just kidding everyone knows and was jealous....haha.
I have a bit of a cold but all is well....no biggy just need some rest today and fluids. All the members in the ward always comment on how skinny I am and stuff. Hermana Chavez always asks when I am going to buy a new suit I told her I will when this one is dead. I need to get a hair cut but don’t feel like it today will just have to part my hair this week I guess.
Luis y Gerthy our investigators had their baby this week. se llama Lyger, yes it is made up. 3.5 kg and 29 cm long. We went to the hospital to visit and she is so cute and small. They are awesome just need to get married, but we are working with them to do that and they have the pecos just need to find the time to go do it. When we walked into a hospital it is like the whole place has to stop and look at us I feel like a celeb, Iwould never want to be in a hospital here with a medical problem.
I have not weighed myself lately but I think I have lost some more weight. I looked in the mirror and I am skinny at the waist, por lo menos.....my legs are still tree stumps but hopefully they will get smaller. I am glad to hear plans for the wedding are going well and stuff is good. I have some pictures to download and I will attach them to this email. I have a really funny one and you have to read the sign above my head.
I love you all so much a wish you all the best. Please send my love and support to all especially Heidi, I sent a letter but it wont get there before she leaves....but tell her bye and good luck. I love you all so much and wish you all the best.
I know this is the work of the Lord and He loves us. He gives us trails to strengthen us and build us up. I love you all. I am sorry if sometimes I seem sad but it is not the work, I love the work and people....language is hard but I can see the blessings from serving already not just with me but here in others and with you all back home. I love you all. take care.
Cuidense, Love, Eric
P.S.Hey Mom, I don’t really have anything for you, I am bad at this stuff on the spot......but I gave a talk about love and how service is love and when we serve we show the Lord our love. The work is hard but it is worth it....it is scary but it is worth it.....it is the work of the Lord and brings all to Him. It is the work of life eternal. I would not be here if young men didn’t leave their homes and families to come and serve the Lord and teach Dad. I have the duty to bless others with the same blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment