Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Baptisms! It was a great week!



Hola familia mia,

Well I want to start off with the most exciting news of all for this week and it is after some nervous waiting and heart pounding moments......yesterday Alejandra Zapata(21 plus haha) y Daniela Olivares(9) se bautizaron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! miracles do happen and they are around us in all times and places. I attached the photos and my comp had the opportunity to baptize them both. Alejandra wanted me to baptize her but she figured since her kids, Francisco 6 and Ignacia 5(nacha), like me more and I can control them that it would be better for me to take care of them. They are so cute espcially Nachita. She is so dang cute she was so happy that I remembered to bring collores and paper so we could draw together haha. But I think I really had the good seat to see two daughters of God make the convenios de bautismo with their Padre Celestial. I am so proud of them and thankful for the opportunity teach them and to see them make changes in their lives.
Alejandra was having some dudas about diezmo because somebody told her the church just steals the money and builds temples to trick people to think that we are good people. With a lot of testimony and help of members she remembered the answer she got to her prayers and the testimony she had received and made the right decision. She had been sick and didn’t show for church so we went by her house and called her a million times and no answer, we went by her house a half hour before her baptism and she was there getting ready to go and then her parents showed up and went with us. They said they were not going to support her but we told her to invite them and share her testimony with them and it worked. She was so happy. Daniela’s Mom and Grandma are reactivating and were there and it was good to see them supporting her.
Milagros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this week was strange but so great. Weather has been very cold but I love it. It makes me feel like Christmas but I have to keep telling myself it is only April. It got down to freezing a couple days but has warmed up the last couple days and looks like fall all around with the red and yellow leaves. Well I am doing great tired but I am good. This week was awesome.
Thank you all for you testimonies and your help. I have interviews with Pres. Chavez so that means Hermana Chavez will be checking the houses so we spent a couple hours this morning deep cleaning the house is clean but she expects spotless.......the Latins don’t know how to clean efficiently so it took so long. I always want to say a lot but always forget when I start to write.
Our English classes are going good and have a lot of youth coming because school is in session. I spelled a bunch of words wrong....I m losing my english....the grammar in my journal is terrible I can barely understand...ugh....my Spanish should be better if my english is so bad but not haha. Oh well I hope you all have great weeks and are all good. I love you all so much and take care a bunch.
I know this is the Lord’s work and only through a baptism like that of Jesus Christ can the children of God return to His presencia. I love you all so much and am so happy and grateful to have such a great family. Take care a bunch love you all.
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment