Monday, June 14, 2010

Saying good-bye to Chillan, going north to Talca

Hola Familia,
Well the big news and I am sure you know what it is already. Today is cambios and well that means that people have to leave come and change.......I have been here for 6 months which is the usual but I was praying to stay but this morning at 9:00am I got the call....I am going up to Talca!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh it is going to be hard to say goodbye to all the members and my converts here. Yesterday I spoke in church and had the thought I might be leave, so in my talk I thanked all the members and said goodbye in a subtle way but just about all caught onto it. So it turned into a big joke and all the members were praying for me to stay but too late Pres. Chavez finished the cambios on Saturday. I feel like crap I don’t want to leave now I want one more cambio here. I love the members and my converts so much. I think this is the hardest part of the mission.
It is winter and the rain has been going on for four day now so I haven’t slept much with the sound of the roof and the drips into the pots catching the leaks. I am doing good just tired and sad. I know I need to go and work in Talca. There are people waiting for me and though people will be sad here it will help them grow and progress. Today I am planning to leave at about 3pm to go and start saying goodbye to people. I need to pass by just about everyone. Thats what happens when you are somewhere for 6 momths a quarter of my mission I was here and now I am going to my third sector....wow how time flies and from what I hear time just speeds up from this point on....gosh. We had a baptism of a girl in my ward here and she wanted me to baptize her. I have sent some of the photos. Her name is Fernanda, she is cool but super shy. I was surprised when Obispo told me she wanted me to baptize her because she barely talks. It was a great service small attendance but good. I think it will help her family a lot they are reactivating in the church. Wow, I just don’t know what to tell you all I have a million things in my head that I have to do and stuff that i cannot think to write. I will remember it all after I send this off.
I think next p-day up in Talca I will go shopping for a suit. I know I need a new one and I think I might leave one of mine here because I don’t want to haul it up north. Just to give it away. I don’t know but I will be buying one soon I think. As you can tell you can see the cool sweatshirts and poncho I bought haha so cool. Well I love you all a bunch and cannot wait to tell you about my trip and new sector next week. Take care I love you all so much. Pray that it doesn’t rain tomorrow so my stuff doesn’t get soaked and ruined Love you all have a great week sorry for the short lame
letter but I am just in other places Love you all so much
Love, Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment