Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hey Everyone!

Dear Family, Friends, Ladies, Gents, and everyone else!

I was so sad to not see an email when I logged in but that is okay you all have sent me stuff this week but feel free to send me emails too!!!!!!!

It is always nice to see my inbox with stuff in it.Well thank you so much for all the letters and packages it is so nice to walk in to the mail room and pick up that package its like walking down the red carpet, that is funny to me cause the carpet is actually red haha. Anyway....thanks for sending the stuff I needed mom I know it isn't cheap to send stuff. I really appreciate it (I’m giving you a hug and kiss right now) I have so much food its like being in a store. Elders marvel at my collection of treats I have barely put a dent in it but I have almost eaten all the gummy sharks and apricots, so good. I have had Elders buy Dr. Pepper off of me.

I am starting to get really fat and it is bad because I notice it. We only get 40 minutes of gym time 5 days a week and we usually play FĂștbol!I play defense so I don´t get too much of a workout but it is a blast . I forgot how fun soccer was. Elder Bates and I tear it up out there we are pretty much the MVP’S. I’ll tell you about Elder Bates in a bit he is my BFF here I love him, in a missionary sort of way. On Martes (wed) we play volibol as a district it was fun. I was covered it sand from head to toe and I burned the bottom of my feet in the hot sand...not fun!!!!!!! Oh well it wasn’t anything big. Every night the elders in my district do as many pushups as we can. I am at 53 straight which is bad but my goal is to do 150 straight by the time we depart in august, it is attainable!

Well my schedule is super busy as usually here nothing new about that. On Sunday we had testimony meeting and it was amazing. All our branch and zone meetings are in Spanish because we all are learning Spanish! But I got up and bore my testimony in Spanish. I blanked when I got up there but it came back to me. It was one of the most amazing testimony meetings. Because everyone was trying so hard to say all they could and get it right, and everyone was listening intently the spirit was so strong in that meeting. I figured I wouldn't cry but nope I did. About halfway through mine I was crying....I’m your boy Mom and Dad. It was just amazing!
We had mission conference which is like general conference, but no General Authorities and it’s just for missionaries. The day was killer though because you’re awake for your whole fast, every Elder wanted my tie but I told them it wasn't up for trade. (Eric bought matching ties that he and Grant both wear on the first Sunday of the month)

Oh, yeah if you girls have time I would love it if you could maybe send me some awesome poly ties from like goodwill or DI, so I can trade with them. Ties are better than money around here, but no worries I have tons as you know.

I try to write in my journal but at night. I just want to unwind and somehow like our whole zone likes to chill in my room every night. Its cool though the Elders in my zone are cool. It’s probably because I make sure our room is clean. You wouldn't believe it mom but I am like the “Cleaning Elder” and I keep my stuff so neat and clean it really helps to invite the spirit. I did learn from your nagging to clean my room. I was just lazy but I’m glad you did it. We get the highest rating on our inspections! Anyway I don't get time to write in my journal but I need to! I have missed the last couple days.

Oh yeah, I figure I’m popular cause everyone loves my last name haha, most of them can't say it right but its all good. In Chile they will not be able to say it either. I’m used to it.

We are working on lesson two this week and next. The teaching evaluation keeps getting harder. The test is a two part thing the first is a language part and the next is the lesson. The language part this week is, “we are picking up an investigator for church and we have to get on a bus and go to church and talk to them and get to know them, in Spanish”( its a simulation, imaginary) but some of the people are actual investigators which is nerve racking. But it is good practice and it is a challenge that helps us grow.My Spanish was going ok but it has kind of stalled out. I am trying to stay positive and work hard. Oh yeah now I have 2 libro de mormons and santa biblas because they gave them to us our first day.

Oh I’ll tell you about Elder Bates. He is from Utah, but he is awesome. I love the guy. He is 5'6" with blonde hair and he could be my twin personality wise. We were like instant BFFs. Its cool I’ll have to send a picture of us! We are making plans to hang out after our missions. He is going to Santiago North though, but its all good we plan to write!

I want to know how you all are doing? Its good to hear from you all. I love you all so much and miss you. I know God lives and He loves us. I know Jesucristo is His Son and died for us all so that we can return to live with God again. I know that through the restoration we can use the atonement and repent for our sins. I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet of god and did see God the Father and Jesucristo, and through Him Christ’s Church was restored. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and contains the fullness of the gospel. I know through keeping commandments and following God we can return to live with Him and have eternal life. I love you all. God bless and go forth and serve!

Tell everyone hello.
Love,Elder Kuykendall

1 comment:

  1. Well that makes me feel bad that he was disappointed about not having emails but i didn't want all his writing time to be taken in reading- so I was sticking to pen and paper- guess i know better now.

    ReplyDelete