Thursday, July 23, 2009

hola mi familia! como esta?





hola mi familia! como esta?
The scripture for my plaque is 2 Nefi (Nephi) 31:20 It talks about if we have faith and press forward with steadfastness that we will have eternal life. I love that verse. How is everyone doing? Whats new with you all?
(back row: Hermana Leggett, Elder Bird, Elder Squires,
Elder Grant, Hermana Jackson, Elder Thomas, Elder Deering,
ft row: ElderHigham, Hermana Cornelious, Hermana Talbot, Elder Kuykendall, ElderHansen)
Well to start off I was made District Leader on Sunday......I am not happy about it but I said yes... Some Elders in my district didn't like it, I really didn't want it, but I must need it. Bro Robinson told me that I was a natural born leader and that people want to follow me....I told him I have no idea why. But, I will try and serve the Elders and Hermanas as best I can. The best leaders are those who serve and that's my goal. Thats most of the new stuff for this week.

Elder Thomas broke his wrist 2 months ago so he has to go to physical therapy for rehab, so three times a week we are there. Things with he and I are getting better. He has been better about being on time because I' m District Leader now and I told him I cannot be late. He is a cool guy he just lacks a little discipline but hopefully I'll rub off on him and Iam sure I could lighten up sometimes.

Believe it or not I have turned into Mr. Plan every minute of the day. That is what they
encourage us to do, and it is good.
Elder Bates leaves in 2 1/2 weeks, so I will have to live 2 weeks without him and the rest of my misssion. He is awesome, we are so weird and so alike I wish he was serving in Concepcion and not Santiago North, it is a hard area. You all would love him. He is me but shorter with blonde hair.
The reason I need new shirts some of the older ones from last summer have shrunk. I want to wear these out and have new ones before I leave. If you can get them 17 neck think should be fine and maybe 6 of them. I like the thinner material not oxford cloth and maybe wrinkle free they don't seem to help though I take my shirts out when they are still damp and still I have to iron, oh well. Thanks mom love you, I just love ties and guys keep saying silk will get ruined and my bleed onto my shirts in the rain down there. I love my ties but I love more so if you send my more please send polys okay? Thank you so much sorry for asking for so much I feel so bad about it.
I hope you got the stuff I sent you last week. If you haven't sent that stuff back I need more forever stamps, I am almost out. Time is flying by, we teach in spanish from here on out. Next Tuesday is our first lesson in spanish. I hope I can do it. It is so nerve racking but I know the Lord will help me. A district left on Moday and one of the Hrmanas had a Vsa problem so she joined our Hermans so now we are almost even. We all love the hermanas they keep us on task and humble. So Hermana Kartchner is now with us.

John H Groberg came and spoke at our devotional Tuesday. It was such an amazing talk, He talked about the focus in our missiopnary work is to get people to the temple so they can receive those blessings. It was just so awesome. Sorry my letter is all over the place, it is easy to write when I qestions to answer it helps in this short time. My spanish is getting pretty good. The native speakers are starting to compliment on my greengo accent! Its all good I love it. Has anyone heard from Ronan or Donny. I need an address for Ronan and Don hasn't written me at all. I am just worried maybe he hasn't gotten my letters. Please find out how he and Nick are doing.
Thanks. well I better wrap up I love you all and you are all in my prayers. Oh I gave another Book of Mormon away to a woman who called in, this work is amazing. The Church is true and God lives! Jesucristo is His Son. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment