Monday, May 17, 2010

The Blessings of Hard Work!

Dearest Family,

Well I think my biggest task this week was to get my companion focused back on the work and stop thinking about home and his time in the mission. He completed 8 months yesterday and has been talking about it none stop....he has a trunky list already.....wow. he is from Phoenix, AZ yes he is a Coyotes, Suns, Diamondbacks and Cardinal fan haha it okay cause the Sharks will take the west and it all!!! haha. Well I am doing good and working hard as ever because I am sick of getting chewed out for numbers but its not like I am not working I am but not having much success but last night we found a super awesome family of 3 and the Dad, Alejandro told us after we taught and, I had done the contact, he told us “I have never opened my door to people before and we never talk to people, we like to keep to ourselves.” but he said “maybe it was the light shinning on you or something but I knew I needed to let you in I think it was the right decision.” WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW when we walked out of the house I just about fell down and started to scream!!!! So awesome! that was the pump I needed!!!! so awesome I tell you it is awesome to see people listen to the promptings of the spirit. I think it was what Elder Scott needed too he had a little more energy after that. milagros!!!!

We had a capacitacion for the member last night and we had planned out really well and made handouts and all and 4 people showed up........we talked about chapter 13 in “Preach My Gospel”. I will try to send the handout I think I did a pretty good job. I tried to help them put themselves in the spot of these people and we brainstormed what things we could do to help them stay active.....the bad thing was that people didn’t come. They were to busy crying because Chile lost to Mexico 1-0.

Well I have a 5 yr old girlfriend now her name is Ignacia.......the daughter of Alejandra my convert....she is so cute! I feel bad for Elder Scott because when we go by she goes up to him and yells ´´ no te quiero!” (I do not want you) and then runs to me and jumps into my arms and say ´´te quiero´´ ( I want you) and gives me a kiss on the cheek....so cute but she will be very sad when I get transferred.....we tried to visit the parents of aleja but they live in a gated community so we are gong to set up a noche de hogar a her house with them. Aleja gave them a Book of Mormon after her baptism....super cool. She is going to give us money to buy her an ax so then we can chop wood for her haha she cracks me up....she reminds me of mom, how she does everything whether it be use power tools or fix something...haha

We found 8 new investigators this week and that is a big jump from last week when we had 1. But I am doing all I can to keep my comp focused and going. He is a good guy just needs to get some help moving. I went to buy jeans last week and Chilean jeans won’t work because my butt is too big so I think I might have to throw down 70 bucks for American jeans....but oh well....and I need to buy a new pen drive because mine is full 8gb of photos and videos. I was wondering if you could maybe send me a new one cause they are expensive here. Like maybe an 8gb or bigger for the last half of my mission. I got my package this week at conference. Thank you I have been trying to sing the Primary Children’s songs but I have forgotten them all!!!! Ugh but thank you I have so much food now I don’t think I am going to buy food this week because I have enough to last me 2 weeks, thanks.

I love you guys a bunch and thanks for the Photos I am going to make copies so I can show the members because they want to see. Hey pops I liked that joke so much I had to tell all the missionaries sitting around me and they thought it was funny, we have started a joke chain now.

I love you all and know this is the Church of Christ, the only church with the authority to baptize and seal families forever. I love you all and have a great week, love you
Love Eric

P.S. Tell the Isaacson’s I send a Hi, What’s up from Chile to them and Hermana Isaacson
Thanks for the Photos Em looks really beautiful and Ally and Lisa. You all do!

No comments:

Post a Comment