Monday, May 31, 2010

Waterfalls, Soccer, and Missionary Work

Hola Familia!
¿como está? espero que todos estén bien jhajha. Bienpo. I am doing good. I am tired today we got back from ¨Salto del Itata´´ it is a big waterfall near Chillán in a pueblo Yungay. It was about an hour trip there. We met up before and played SOCCER at the church. Last week we got permiso to play from Preident Chavez, so sweet but I am out of shape. I need to run. I am happy to be able to play.
I have sent some pictures of the waterfalls and will send more, enjoy. Thanks for the pictures with President Chavez and Hermana Chavez, wow the difference in a couple months....the other missionaries thought it was my brother but remembered I don’t have one....wow! That is all I can say! I bought my Chile jersey and I love it can’t wait to sport it.
I had some challenges with my companion. I have to nag him to get ready and work....we talked about it and how he felt about being here. . . .so I just tried to motivate him in different ways but our numbers were still not good. It doesn’t bother him but it does me. I am just working as hard as I can and I can’t do much more than that besides pray more for my companion and stuff. I am still happy though.
I am still a little sick but it is getting better and the members always try to get me to drink hot drinks but those make it worse. I feel like throwing up after but, Chileans are stubborn and don’t like to take no for an answer, so they just about pour it down my throat...haha or they threaten to go inactive. So I just do it and after my stomach kills me....haha. They just don’t understand that when I get cold which isn’t often I drink cold stuff like usual. It has been cold this week but I love it no sweating its the life.
Thank you for the photos of Em’s wedding. I love looking at them and showing all the members....they laugh because Mom is short. But don’t worry Mom, you are still taller than 95% of the Chileans. My shoulder has been killing me and I think it is the way I am sleeping but I am good no worries. I was so happy to read that Matt, Ryan and Nick are moving along with their papers. It makes me so happy to know they will all be out serving with me in a couple months then I can talk about all my buddies and their missions. I just love being here and at times I feel I shouldn’t. But I love it so much and Satan just tries to rip the joy away but he can’t this is God’s work and if we work to glorify His name we will be happy and I am. It is hard work but I love it, I love getting up everyday to a freezing cold house to do some pitiful sit-ups and push ups( hoping one day to have a 6 pack) then getting ready and studying and leaving the house to help people return to God’s presencia. I know this work is true and it makes me so happy to know the people I grew up with like Heidi, Nick, Matt and Ryan are doing the same, it is just amazing. Help them along and tell them I love them and miss them. I did get Matt’s letter and I have been in the process of writing letters to guys and Heidi but time flies by.
I should get the package in a couple weeks I think if I stay here and am not changed. I would like to have one more cambio here in Cordillera, I love it here. The members they are so awesome plus my converts. We finally got a chance to teach the parents of Alejandra. They are super Catholic and I think they are scared to change. Part of it is pride and not wanting to feel like they have been following the wrong thing for so long. I am praying hard along with Alejandra to help them receive answers and have their hearts softened. The work goes on. I love you all some much and hope you are all good. Love you all and take care. Talk to you later.
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment