Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Interviews with President and Hermana Chavez

Hola,
This week sure flew by I must say I feel like yesterday I was writing you and here I am again...wow time flies here and I feel like I am missing everything but oh well okay I will start with clearing some stuff up.....my memory stick is full so I was wondering if you could send me a new one....like of 8gb or 16 gb está bien? and yes day that is the right site for email and pasandolo chancho (“passing it pig”) in Chileno means panandolo bien or enjoying it or having fun I love that saying. I bought some jeans and they fit good cost 17 mil peso so about 35 bucks not bad it is a Marca Chilena but I like them. I also bought a new jacket to work in it is black fleece about14 mil peso not back for an American brand. Today we are going to buy our Chile Mundial jerseys and some other cool stuff. I think it is so funny the USA doesn’t get mentioned at all here about futbol but I am going to be decked out in Chile. The members have started asking me how many ties I have because they say they always see new one. I think I am up to around 50 or so, one for every day of a cambio.
This week we had some serious rain and well we got soaked but oh well a change of clothes at night and a warm bed is good for me, no worries I am all good. we even had hail this week too I was getting ready to leave to go work and heard it and we went out with our cameras and taped it, very funny they were big ones too, so fun. We had entravistas this Wednesday last interviews with President Chavez....so sad. I love President Chavez and Hermana Chavez so much it will be hard to see them go but that how it is. I took a picture with them and sent it to you so you can compare it to the one you got when taken when I got here and see the change. Can you send that picture to me? President Chavez doesn’t want to leave but Hermana is so trunky! I think he will be called as a Seventy. He is so powerful when he talks but loving too. I feel stupid because I was scared of him when I got here but he is so awesome. After interviews he was talking to us in English and Hermana said she understood but we know she didn’t haha. She wanted him to do something and he said to us ´´ if you negotiate with a woman you will always lose even if you are right.....especially if your are right haha´´ then we had to translate for Hermana and she gave him a look and said ´´siempre gano yo´´ (“I always gain”) haha so funny.
Good week but hard with the rain. I am still sick but it is all good, nothing is keeping me in my bed. My companion told me I should stay in bed but he said it because he did want to go work but I have to be an example, so to work we went. But don’t worry it is just a small cold and I am wearing warm clothes, mom! I know how to take care of myself. On Tuesday the zone leaders did a mini cambio with us and since they are a trio Elder Matherly came with us and we worked as a trio. They did it to make sure we were working and now they know we are.
It sounds like you all had a great time this weekend and have good stories to tell. Thanks for the wedding pictures mom, and about the sharks oh well guess it is time to get it together for next year.....Now with them not play you all can focus your chant forthe usa in mundial de futbol haha Well that is about my week always forget stuff to say.
I hope you are all good and stuff thank you for everything and I love you all so much. I tell you the mission is great I love it here. I may not speak super good still but I sure love to talk to people and get to know them and more about this country....its a once in a lifetime thing. I can’t wait to come see more after my mission and come see the people too. I know this is the true church and that I am here to help save God´s children. I know without a doubt that this is the only true church and everytime I testify of it the spirit fills my body and I cannot deny the truth. I love you all so much and miss you a bunch. Take care and be good, love you all so much
Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment