Sunday, August 30, 2009

Your Missionary Has Arrived!

On August 24, 2009 Elder Kuykendall left Utah for Chile.
We had a brief phone conversation before he boarded the flight to Chile. He flew from Salt Lake City, Utah, to Los Angeles, California to Santiago Chile, to Concepcion Chile.
On Thursday August 26, an email arrived from the Chile Concepcion Mission office with the following letter and photo attached

Dear Family,
Well everything went perfectly and I got all my bags on all of my flights. It was long, but I am here safe and sound. Chile is awesome and I love it here, and I have only been here a couple of hours. My Spanish needs a lot of work, but it will come to me.
I am so excited to finally be here and start teaching and preaching. I love you all so much and want to thank you for all of your love and support.
It is a whole different world down here, but I already love it and cannot wait to meet the members, the people in Concepcion and in my Mission. It is crazy that this day is already here, but I hope I am prepared.

President and Sister Chavez are awesome. They have so much energy and I know I will learn a lot from them. I am so excited and even though my Espanol is not great I am going to work really hard, I have a lot of stories to tell y’all.
I love you all so much and I know this Church is true and this is the Lord’s work. I know through this work we bring families together for eternity. I want people to have the blessing we have.
Te Amo Mucho,
Love, Elder “Eric” Kuykendall

*Eric has been assigned to serve in the city of Cauquenes, Chile. From the map we estimate it is about 60 miles north of Concepcion.

No comments:

Post a Comment