Friday, June 3, 2011

The Joy of Hard Work and Service May 16, 2011

Hello to all!!!!!How are you doing this fine week? Today is cambios here and well....I will be dying here in Tomé, I am excited the only bad is that I will not get to see my converts and members in Talca and Cauquenes but I will call them for sure to say goodbye. I am doing good a little better from my cold but the cough and congestion seem to be lingering with me. I am finishing my drugs so I hope it ends soon. I am good though the past 3 days have been pure fog in Tomé we couldn’t see the ocean for 3 days I thought it might have disappeared haha but it cleared up today but here in Concepcion it is cold and cloudy but oh well. There are 15 missionaries going home today and 20 of us this next cambio with me wow!!!! Time is flying by........haha. but asi es no mas
On Saturday we did a service project up in the house of Clara. We put in a new fence in the front and it went great have pictures but this computer is lame so next week if you remind me haha. It was s fun I sure do love working on construction and stuff.....I surprise the members on how much I know about it....I tell them gringos aren’t all stupid when it comes to stuff around the house...jk but I was a little sore in the arms from digging the holes but it was good sore...I was less sore than Hermanos Ariel and Geraldo haha they were sore haha. they finished the bed frame and delivered it that night too, Clara was so happy and we were too, her dad was grateful too. (Clara was sleeping in a twin bed with her 2 children, someone had a double mattress but no frame so the Elders built a frame and gave both to Clara as a Mother’s day gift)
This week I went to Coelemu on a mini cambio and then had one with the zone leaders....fun haha....it was chill I was telling Elder Carlstrom that he will get to meet you I think he will because they have to change terminals and you will get to meet Elder Thomas my MTC comp he is cool too. I need to see them when I go out there. The week was a tough one but good learning experience I guess. We had one investigator in church yesterday, Katia, it is the friend of our ward mission leader, Jose, we are working with her she said she doesn’t have a strong belief in God but I think she is starting to realize that she does...she is praying and the pure act of going to church was a big step in the right direction. We are working to find people to baptize before I leave I don’t want to leave on a dry spell.......we will find them!!!!!
It went good in Chillán last Monday and I got to see Alejandra and Hermana Miriam. Alejandra and Ignacia were happy to see me and I was too. Nacha is so big and she knows my name perfectly she can even spell Kuykendall...haha. I cannot believe it, she is in first grade and Francisco in 3rd. She kept telling me I have to come back to baptize her haha idk if it will happen but well see jaja. It was nice to be back there. I will be going again to see other people in June I think...just need to ask Pres.
I don’t have much to say because this week was chill but I am good not too trunky, but happy to know I am staying here to finish the mission I love the members here they are awesome sometimes hard to work with but awesome.
Oh, yesterday we had a great success. We have been working with a menos activo familia, Flia, Albornoz Teran, for over 6 months and the mom, Juana, and daughter, Yesenia, had come a bit and the other daughter , Yeins , couldn’t because she works solo los domingos ,but yesterday she took off work to go to church!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so amazing I was so happy to see them there and I know they felt good too. The Dad isn’t a member and is starting to listen...little by little. He doesn’t participate but he listens......we have lunch wit them this week too. So awesome the spirit works miracle, and they have progressed because they started to read the Book of Mormon and saying their prayers daily...it is key!!!!!!! It is so simple and yet we sometimes are so stubborn because it looks too easy!!! ugh I love this work and I know it is true. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week. Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment