Thursday, March 31, 2011

Clara is Baptized, Tsunami Warning/Evacuations and Wild Donkeys? 3/14/2011





Hello family,

Well this week was a bit of a strange one with all that has gone on and the worst thing is that as a missionary you never get the correct info so I am more lost than ever haha. I am good and safe no need to worry or anything like that nothing happened here and well that is it. Nothing much to tell. lol no but it was a good week and well the biggest news was that Clara was baptized yesterday!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for her and she was super happy too, it was a day much waited for and the miracle happened.





Her pareja got paid last Monday and he left that very same night, the next day Tuesday had a mini cambio with the zone leaders and did a follow up interview with her and all is good for her baptism, she was nervous and very excited the whole week she told us it felt like time was passing very slow and she thought Sunday would never get there. During the week we planned out the baptism to do it in the river like she wanted to and told everyone about it, she was so happy and invited all her neighbors and her friends to come and to participate in her baptism, her son Wladimir (6) kept asking when she would be getting baptized because wanted to see it too, well Friday we woke up to a lot of rain and a taste of the winter to come in the next couple months, it rained all day and then talking about the cold weather and stuff on Saturday we decided with Clara, El Obispo and us that it would be better to do the baptism in the pila at the church because of all the mud at the river it would be hard to get to, Clara was a little down but it was the best also didn’t want her and her kids to get sick and to take them out in cold weather would be worst, she was still stoked though and it was a wonderful baptism. I felt honored to be able to baptize her. I had to hold back the tears because it was something she had worked so hard for and Elder call and me too. We found her my first week her in Tomé almost 4 months ago, she and was ready and willing to live and obey the commandments she attended church for 4 months straight, it was the little thing about her pareja that was the problem, but it was fixed with much fasting and prayer.

Clara’s dad came to support her in her baptism and the member stayed too, the sprit was strong and her dad told me he had felt good and could tell the difference. When we first started to share with Clara he hated us and didn’t let us in the house and as he saw the changes in her life he softened his heart and we have formed a good relationship with him. He is a good man who loves his family and it might take year for him to join the church but I know he will. It was a great day. I know the Lord is preparing people and they are waiting for missionaries or a church member to invite them to share and receive blessings. It doesn’t hurt to invite, nobody can get offended by an invitation! We as members or better said missionaries need to invite and that is it.

On Friday we were informed by members and the mission about the terremoto and that night we had to go up to the house of the missionaries in 18 de sept, to sleep. They gave us 2 mattresses and 2 blankets for the 4 of us, it ticked me off because we didn’t sleep all night and froze to death. The next morning found blankets extra in the house....it was worse than snow camping! oh well we woke up to everything normal and went home to shower and to rest a very little and out to work and we were dead that day because we hadn’t slept all night. There was a stake missionary work training Saturday afternoon and got cancelled but we did have 5 of the 15 in English class. Next week will be better because there won’t be a tsunami jaja,

Well I got the start of the trunky emails from the mission asking airport and other info and it is just the start oh well asi es but I am not trunky I wish I could extend but it would be impossible, I love missionary work I am not the best missionary but I sure do love it, it is the best. Time seems to be flying by but I am not trunky I am just focused on one day at a time and that is all that matters.

Oh my gosh so I have to tell you this well I am a fleas bestfriend, I guess my blood is really sweet because pulgas love to suck my blood, anyway in the other missionaries house where we slept Friday night, there was a pulga that was chewing me up all night on my legs an have about 10 bites or more. It must have came home with me and after many hours of trying to catch it, he made a bad jump onto my desk and I caught it and I glued it into my journal I sent you all a pic!!!! I hate pulgas but they love me but I will have to suffer a little more. I use that stuff I brought from the states but it doesn’t help it just make me smell weird. The thing is that in houses and in the street they get in our clothes and we cannot control it. I have tried everything, and it doesn’t work but I will tough it out and continue killing them and saving there bodies as evidence haha, oh well don’t worry I just wanted to tell you my cool story of pulga hunting they are huge here!

I sent pics of me and Elder Call feeding wild donkeys out by the river. They were so cute but he wouldn’t let me mount one and have a John Wayne moment...oh well it was cute but I know it had caulquier desaease I fed it nicely but if you look at Elder Call’s pic he was abusing the poor thing he was beating a defenseless animal with a stick, poor donkey it was just looking for food. If the horses had been closer....maybe I would have ridden one no just kidding haha I wouldn’t do it haha. It was a good week and look forward to another good on this week, have entrevistas this Wed and hope they turn out good haha. I love you all so much and I hope you are all good and hope you have a good week. I love you all and know I am doing the right thing preaching the true gospel of Christ, take care love you all. Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment