Friday, March 4, 2011

A bus ride to Concepcion and Christmas plans 12/13/2010

Hello Familia,
I went to Concepcion today to go do my visa stuff but found out that the government was on strike.....weird right but whatever so I couldn'tdo it. It was a wasted trip but I got my packages and I am so jazzed. I will resist opening the presents but no guarantees....there are 3 Elders tempting me to open them hahaha.. Thanks for sending stuff for them haha.
Well anyway like I said I went to Concep and got to see the mission office for the first time since being here...its not too cool it is an office with missionaries but It all was fun so I will send pics of that. I miss being in a big city I am so used to calm campo and towns and stuff I feel so lost in Concepcion because I am not used to it. They were laughing at me because it had been so long since I had been in a city like that walking around and stuff. We went to lider and did some shopping and browsing and ate at Doggis, a hot dog joint, it was good I got the Crispy hot dog, w/ bacon and cheese sauce with fried onions soooooo good and then we got some ice cream for the ride back.
This morning the bus was packed and it was like an exploding twinkie when the doors opened because here in Chile they just keep letting people on. Its all about the money so we were like sardines in a very small can. I was just praying it didn't crash because I would be 1st to go through the windshield but its all good. It just sucked to stand for and hour it a smelly micro but the ride back was better and talked to a member about the mission.
This week went very well and Clara and Eliana went to church but Dyane couldn't because she was sick but it is all good they are progressing very good and should have 2 baptisms this month. This coming week on Sunday night there is a devotional in Penco and President is going to speak and Clara and Dyane are going to go with us and so it will be great.
We are planning with the other elders to make cookies or goodies and on Christmas since it is pday we will go around to our investigators and sing and leave some goodies. It is a better use of time then just chilling in a members house but Its all good we will eat too. I should be a great Christmas and cannot wait because there should be a lot of success too. By the way pdays have been changed for the rest of the month...these are my pdays for the rest of the year......20 and 25 Dec, 1 Jan... I don't have the info of calling but it will be on the 25th we have to talk to members and find out what we are doing. I will let you know next week and will tell you the schedule and the time difference is 5 hrs so I hope to not call to early but I do have to call before 6pm.....well you will have to call me. But I will have the info on Monday this week was just a very busy week. The week went very well and have investigators that are progressing well and I am happy, tired but I am happy. I am getting used to the hill and my legs are going everyday but it will be good. I hope I don't gain too much weight. I love working and talking to people. It is a blessing to be here and to give all to the Lord.
I cannot wait to pass the Christmas here. Its my last one In Chile which is sad but I cannot be here forever. I love it here I love the people and love working for the Lord and teaching even though I might not be the best teacher or best speaker I sure do love to do it and has helped me apply the gospel in my life and really see the promises of God completed. I love the gospel and I love being a missionary, it is the best calling in the church and I am proud to be one. I know God loves us and He sent His son to save us all. I love to read the Book of Mormon and I know it is a true book of God and that it testifies of Christ and is evidence that God calls Profetas in these day. I hope you all have a great week and hope to hear great stories and stuff from you all.
We had zone conference this week and it was awesome we had workshops and I learned so much even though they said stuff I had heard it just hit me in a different way and I learned it was awesome.
Oh by the way I don't know if you remember of my convert in Chillan, Alejandra.......well got a letter from her and she is doing great. Her kids Francisco and Ignacia are doing well and she has such a strong testimonio, she said she still misses me and wants to see me but it is hard right now I too want to see her or at least talk to her to say hi and see how she is. she brought tears to my eyes in her letter.....for the first time one of my converts shared their testimony with me, she explained how she knew
God would bless her in her trials and how she knows the Lord has blessed her since she was baptized...it was so awesome to read that, the first time I had heard that and made me happy and gave me a boost because I know that I had a small part in changing her life. It gave me more excitement to work. I think I talked about her for the rest of the day it was so awesome. I have got to go but I love you all so much and cannot wait to talk love you take care.
Chau Love Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment