Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday Elder Kuykendall 3/28/2011






Hey Hey Familia,

Muchisimas gracias por los saludos para mi cumpleaƱos, me fue bien!

I woke up with the usual birthday aches and pains that remind you time and your youth is slipping away haha, no just kidding I am not that old, I am still a kid haha. I told the Elders to not tell anybody because I didn’t want to make it a big deal and they kept it on the DL if you know what I mean, thanks for the gifts and the card game is fun. I like it haha it is like a multi person speed.

The 25th was an okay day that turned out to be a day of drama in the ward because we had a ward activity and we were in charge of the games. It was poorly assisted and well the blame came upon us but oh well, we did our best visiting and inviting menos activos and miembros and investigatos, and well I feel like we did the best we could. This ward has just lost its heartbeat and well Elder Call and I are trying to spark it with the paddles but the is a flat line, so in times of need and difficulty man must fall to his knees and pray to the Almighty, How could I help boost up the excitement and love of the members, how can I help them work harder? Any thoughts?

All in all it was a bit of a tough week and well Elder Call and I kept the old chin up and continued! Lots of doors knocked and few doors opened, but hope is not lost every door that closes mean we are 1 door closer to a chosen and prepared Child of God! This week we are going to get it done and blow this place away! We have got to finish on a great note, it is the last game that is always remembered. We cannot be defeated haha!

Well anyway I am doing good a little sore because we played football on the beach this morning for like 2 hours and I am wiped out. All the people walking by stopped to cheer on the gringos on the beach I felt like i was playing in a pro game they we cheering and stuff haha, its not everyday you get to see a bunch of foreigners play a game you have never seen haha. I am out of shape!!!!!!!! Well that is about all the fun news I have for the week. Yesterday we had lunch at Jose Cisterna´s house our lider misional, because his b-day was yesterday, it was fun and got to share some time with his family and it was a great lunch. Ward conference was yesterday and very disorganized but the words of the Stake President were short but good. What he said was what the ward needed. Clara is doing great and is completing 100% and I am a little worried because she has all the excitement in the world and she is seeing members that carry years in the church and don’t do anything so she is starting to notice the bad examples......but we keep telling her to do what she is doing, she will lead and the rest will follow.

Oh about the donkey Elder Call says he was feeding it but I think he was just abusing the pour thing.....apparently there aren’t animal abuse laws in the south haha. I am, just kidding he was trying to feed it....haha.

I cannot wait for conference this weekend it will be great!!!!!! I know this church is true and my testimony grows everyday more and more as I strive to share my testimony. God has restored His church in these last day and we receive the blessings. I love you all so much take care nos vemos!!!!! Eric




PS my package is in Concepcion!

PSS cambios are next week the 4th, I should be home on the 29 June CHAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment